- Beginners to TypeScript looking for boosting their learning curve.
- Advanced TypeScript developers that want to understand type systems at a deeper level.
Location: Hotel Timisoara, ROMA room
Date: 29-30 May, 2023
Capacity: maximum 25 seats
Trainer: Tițian-Cornel Cernicova-Dragomir
Table of contents
- Workshop overview
- Tickets info
- Day 1: TypeScript Fundamentals
- Day 2: Intermediate TypeScript
- About your trainer
- Workshop schedule
The workshop will be a combination of lectures, code examples, and hands-on exercises. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with the material and practice the concepts and skills we will talk about. It is designed as an interactive experience with questions welcomed and encouraged throughout the day.
Participants should bring their own laptop. Code sample and exercises will be done in the TypeScript playground, but VSCode can also be used.
Tickets can be bought individually, for one workshop only (Day 1 or Day 2), or for both workshops with a 10% discount.
Refunds are not available.
All tickets include morning coffee + snacks, lunch, and beverages.
Day 1: TypeScript Fundamentals
This 6-hour workshop is designed to give attendees a solid foundation in TypeScript fundamentals. Participants will learn about the key concepts and syntax of TypeScript, including type annotations, primitive types, object types, function types, class types, tuple types, unions, and basic control flow analysis.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have a good understanding of TypeScript and be able to apply it to their own projects.
Who is this workshop for?
- Understand the importance of type annotations in TypeScript.
- Learn about the different primitive types in TypeScript.
- Understand how to define and use object types, including interfaces and classes.
- Learn about function types, including how to define and use them.
- Learn about tuple types to define arrays with specific types and lengths.
- Understand the concept of unions.
- Understand control flow analysis and how to use it to detect unreachable code, unused variables, and other potential issues.
Day 2: Intermediate TypeScript
In this workshop, we will explore some of the more advanced features of TypeScript, including unions, intersections, type aliases, generic types, and relative types. We will also cover control flow analysis, predefined mapped and conditional types, and generic functions.
By the end of the workshop, you will have a deeper understanding of these TypeScript concepts and be able to apply them to your own projects to improve code quality, readability, and maintainability.
Who is this workshop for?
- Understand the differences between unions and intersections to model complex data types.
- Learn how to create type aliases to simplify complex type definitions.
- Gain familiarity with control flow analysis in TypeScript.
- Explore the power and flexibility of generic types to write reusable, type-safe code.
- Learn how to use relative types, such as keyof, typeof, and indexed types.
- Understand predefined mapped and conditional types.
- Learn how to write generic functions in TypeScript.
About your trainer
In addition to his professional achievements, Tițian is an active member of the TypeScript community. He is in the top 5 people answering questions for the language on Stack Overflow and enjoys helping others with their TypeScript queries.
Tițian-Cornel Cernicova-Dragomir has a wealth of teaching and speaking experience. He was a teaching assistant at UPT, where he taught functional programming, and has delivered a workshop at KCDC 2022 and TSConf 2021. He has spoken at several conferences, including TS Congress 2022, TSConf 2021, and revo.js 2019.
When he is not coding or helping others, Tițian enjoys biking and spending time with his wife and children, making them pancakes.
Both workshops include 6 hours of content, excluding breaks. Both workshops will have the following schedule:
- 8:30 - 8:45 Registration and coffee
- 9:00 - 12:30 Workshop morning session
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch break
- 13:30 - 17:00 Workshop afternoon session